Team Builder 2018/2019
I am interested in joining the St. John’s Curling club and am looking for teams to curl with at least twice a week for our upcoming curling season, fall 2018. I have over 20 years of curling experience in various positions. I love the support and am interested in joining a team that has a great sense of humour, team values and are positive with each other. Please contact me if you are interested in curling with me. I am available days, evenings and weekends. Thanks a bunch, have a great day!
I am looking to join a women’s and/or mixed league. I have played a couple years in the Saturday Social league and would like to play more this year.
Looking to join a team.
Women’s League Round 1
1. Play follows Curling Canada’s general rules of play which includes the free guard zone.
2. Age restrictions – Minimum age of 15 as of October 1st of current season.
3. Games will be eight (8) ends.
4. Extra end will be a draw to the button. The team who DID NOT score in the final end will decide which team delivers the first stone. The rock will be considered in play between Hog Line & Back Line.
5. Women’s League is on Tuesday night. Alternating between 6:30pm and 8:45pm. NO END TO BE STARTED AFTER 8:15 PM TO ALLOW TIME FOR ICE PREPARATION FOR SUPERLEAGUE.
6. Teams with Blue Rocks will have the Hammer in the first end.
7. Due to ice availability, there will be no rescheduling or postponing games. If you cannot ice a team you will default. If you must default a game please ensure you make contact with the opposing team and advise the Club Manager (Harold Walters) or the Curling Director (Bob Osborne).
8. No hair or corn brooms allowed for sweeping. Only Club approved broom heads allowed. Club Manager and or Head Ice Maker, will have authority to remove brooms that are non compliant. If hair or corn broom used for sliding device, they must be taped to not allow any hair or corn to be visible.
9. Ensure game results are posted to the Desk Computer immediately after each game. If results are not posted at end of posted schedule both teams will receive a loss.
10. Spares – Any Female Curling Member of the Club can spare. Spares can play in position of player they are replacing or lower. A spare can play with the same team up to a maximum of twice in each round. Teams can use up to two (2) spares per game.
11. Tie breaking procedure is as follows: Wins > Head-to-head Wins > Coin Toss
12. All measures will be taken to update the website of changes to the schedule but if necessary changes posted on the board will take precedence over website.