Adult Curling Membership – 2017-18 Categories and Rates
|Full Single||Member eligible to curl in all SJCA weeknight & morning leagues, as well as the Saturday Social League.|
|Full Single (60+)||Member who has reached 60 years of age by December 31st of that curling year. Eligible to curl in all SJCA weeknight & morning leagues, as well as the Saturday Social League.|
|Full Couple||Combined fee for members who register as a spousal couple. Couple must live at the same address. Eligible to curl in all SJCA weeknight & morning leagues, as well as the Saturday Social League.|
|30 & Under||Member who is 30 years of age or less on December 31st of that curling year. Eligible to curl in all SJCA weeknight & morning leagues, as well as the Saturday Social League.|
|Morning Single||Member who curls in the morning league only. Eligible to curl in the Saturday Social League as well.|
|Morning Couple||Combined fee for morning members who register as a spousal couple. Couple must live at the same address. Eligible to curl in the morning league and the Saturday Social League only.|
|Honorary Member||Member who has obtained Honorary status as directed by the membership. All fees are waived. Eligible to curl in all SJCA weeknight & morning leagues, as well as the Saturday Social League.|
|Non-Curler||Non-curling social member.|
|MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY||SJCA FEE||HST||NLCA FEE||CC Fee||TICKETS||TOTAL FEES|
|Full Single (60+)||$460.87||$69.13||$15.00||2.00||$50.00||$597.00|
|Full Couple (Individual Registration)||$400.87||$60.13||$15.00||2.00||$50.00||$528.00|
|30 & Under||$300.87||$45.13||$15.00||2.00||$50.00||$413.00|
|Morning Couple (Individual Registration)||$305.22||$45.78||$15.00||2.00||$50.00||$418.00|
|Honorary Member||–||–||–||$50.00 (Optional)||–|
- It is the policy of the St. John’s (NL) Curling Association that we do not offer refunds on membership fees.
- Your total membership must be paid before participating in any curling activity. The 2017/2018 deadline for team registration and payment is October 11th at 7:00pm.
- The SJCA also offers a payment plan. Members are required to register online and fill out a Payment Authorization Form at the club. The required payment schedule is:
- 50% of registration fees are due at the time of registration
- 25% of registration fees are due on November 30th
- 25% of registration fees are due on December 30th
- All adult curling members must complete an online registration
- Fees may be paid online by debit or credit card or at the club by cash, cheque, debit or credit card
- Locker rental fees are $25 for single locker, $50 for double locker and payable only at the club
- With the exception of morning curling categories, half-season memberships are only available for the second half of the season (January onward)
- With the exception of the non-curler category, all half-season membership rates are based on 60% (SJCA Fees + tax) + NLCA Fees
- Morning curling rates for October to December have President’s Draw Tickets included
1. A copy of the SJCA membership list will be shared internally via the membership contact book located at the RE/MAX Centre, which may show member’s names, phone numbers and email addresses only, as determined by members during their registration. Other information, including civic addresses will not be disclosed. The membership list will assist members seeking spares and informing others of re-scheduled or cancelled games.
Personal information regarding the SJCA membership will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the NLCA and CCA. A copy of each membership form may be provided to accountants retained by the SJCA, but the use of personal information by such individuals is strictly limited to accounting purposes only.
2. Members who are not at least 19 years of age as of September of that curling year are not eligible to be included in the weekly membership draw. Should the member reach the age of 19 during the membership year, it is the responsibility of the member to inform the Membership Director of same, at which time the member will be included in the membership draw.
Saturday Social Curling
Our Saturday Social League is run in two half-season sessions with 8-10 nights of curling in each session. The fall session runs from October to December and the winter session runs from January to March. The cost to curl only in the Saturday Social League is $120 (inc. tax) for each session.
Those that sign up for the General Adult Membership may be eligible to curl in the Saturday Social League at no extra cost. Please see the categories and rates above for applicability.
Junior Curling Membership – 2017-18 Categories and Rates
Our After School Curling programs cost $160 including tax for the full season for the first child and $120 including tax for each additional child in the same family.