1. Games will follow Curling Canada’s General Rules of Curling.
2. No Age restrictions however regular Club rules for minors will apply.
3. Games are eight (8) ends.
4. Ties – Full extra end.
5. Games are on WEDNESDAY nights, 2 time slots. Prompt start 6:00pm and 8:30pm
6. Teams with Blue Rocks will have Hammer in First end.
7. Pre-game practice will consist of one rock up and down the sheet for each player. Team with Blue Rocks will practice first at 15 minutes prior to game start time. Teams with Yellow Rocks will practice at 10 minutes prior to game start time. If your team is not ready at time practice starts you will lose your practice.
8. No hair or corn brooms allowed for sweeping. Only Club approved broom heads allowed. Club Manager and or Head Ice Maker, will have authority to remove brooms that are not compliant. If hair or corn broom used for sliding device they must be taped to not allow any hair or corn to be visible.
9. Rescheduling or postponing games is strongly discouraged due to anticipated lack of available ice. If a game is to be postponed the team requesting the postponement must contact the Manager of the Club OR Curling Director AS WELL as the opposing team. A postponed game MUST be played within four weeks of initial postponement or by the end of the current schedule, whichever occurs first. If game is not played within the required time limit the team requesting the postponement will lose by default. Please note that the opposing team should make every effort to have their team available to play when ice is available.
10. Ensure game results are posted to the Desk Computer immediately after each game. If results are not posted at end of posted schedule both teams will receive a loss.
11. No individual can play full time in both Majorleague and Superleague, you can only register and play full time in one league.
12. Spares – Any Curling Member of the Club can spare. Spares can play in position of player they are replacing or lower, with the exception of full time Superleague players who can only spare at front end. A spare can play in every game but only to a maximum of twice with any one team. Teams can use unlimited spares per game.
13. All measures will be taken to update the website of changes to the schedule but if necessary changes posted on the board will take precedence over website.
14. TEAM Entry Fee of $400 must be paid in full by Oct. 1st.